Support the Pocahontas County Opera House
Over twenty years ago, the Opera House was just a dusty old building and the dream of a handful of determined people. The vision and enthusiasm of those people quickly spread, and with the help of the local community, the Opera House has since become a thriving center for live music, theatre and dance, as well as an affordable community gathering place for special events.
We want you to be a part of the great things happening here at the Opera House. Ticket sales cover only a fraction of our annual operating expenses. Your support will help the Opera House to continue bringing great music and performances to Marlinton and Pocahontas County.
The Pocahontas County Opera House Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 organization.
With your donation comes membership to the Opera House. We have five suggested levels of membership available. All donations are welcome.
- $25 – Fan: Opera House sticker
- $50 – Friend: Best of the Opera House CD + sticker (cash value $20)
- $100 – Patron: Best of the Opera House CD + Mountain Music Trail CD + sticker (cash value $40)
- $250 – Sponsor: Friends Pass (punch card good for six admissions. Bring a group of 6 to one show, 3 to 2 shows or take in six shows) +Best of the Opera House CD + sticker (cash value $100)
- $500 – Benefactor: Friends Pass (good for six admissions) PLUS One half-price Opera House rental between January 2016 and December 31, 2017 (cash value $200)
- $1,000 and up – Underwriter: Two Friends Passes + One free Opera House rental between January 2016 and December 31, 2017 (cash value $400)
Donate today, using PayPal:
Or mail your check toThe Pocahontas County Opera House Foundation P.O. Box 282 Marlinton, WV 24954
Please call 304-799-6645 or email us for more information on how you can help us to continue bringing quality programs to Pocahontas County.
We also have an added incentive to offer our supporters. Individuals and businesses who donate $500 or more may be eligible for West Virginia state tax credits through the Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP). Fifty percent of your donation can be taken as an actual credit on your West Virginia state taxes. This is in addition to the federal and state deductions allowed for charitable contributions. We have a limited number of tax credits, which will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.